What is a Dry Herb Vaporizer?
A dry herb vaporizer is a portable device that allows you to inhale vapor from dry herbs. There are a few different types of dry herb vaporizers available at The Vape Vet Store:
Dry Herb Vape Pen with Combustion - Products such as the AGO G5 or Yocan 94F Vape Pen have combustion because the dry herbs make direct contact with the heated coil and there is no way to control the temperature. You can place glass filter screens on top of the coil in this vape pen dry herb vaporizer to minimize the amount of combustion, making it one of the best portable dry herb vaporizers available in the market today.
Convection Vaporizer - This type of true portable vaporizer helps heat the dry herbs through using hot air. The E-Clipse is one of the top convection vaporizers sold in our store. It heats up to the desired temperature in 30 seconds and the battery lasts forever.
Conduction Vaporizer - This type of true portable vaporizer has a heating chamber where the dry herbs come in direct contact with the vape coils. If you use an Atmos Junior vape pen or a Yocan 94F with glass filter screens, the vape pen is considered a conduction vaporizer. There are also other dry herb vaporizers such as the Stoner Joe and Apex Vape Pen that are conduction vaporizers with temperature control. What that means is you can set the temperature between 320 and 450 degrees farenheit. Therefore, you get better quality vapor because you can control how hot you want to heat your dry herbs.
How to use a Dry Herb Vaporizer?
Temperature Controlled Dry Herb Vaporizers
- Press the Power button 5 times consecutively
- Use the +/- buttons to set the temperature. If you don't have digital temp control then you need to hold down the power button to change the setting.
- For some vaporizers such as the Apex Pen 2.0, you need to hold down the power button for 2 seconds. After you release your finger from the button, the dry herb vaporizer pen will begin heating to the desired temperature. If you're using the E-Clipse or Stoner Joe Dry herb vaporizer, then you don't need to hold down the power button to start the heating process.
- While using the dry herb vaporizer, you might want to remove the mouthpiece and use a dabbing tool to stir the dry herbs around. That way you can inhale as much vapor as possible.
- After 5 minutes, your dry herb vaporizer will automatically shut off.
Non-Temperature Controlled Dry Herb Vape Pens
- When using a simple dry herb vape pen such as the AtmosRx or Yocan 94F vape pen, all you need to do is press the power button 5 times consecutively to turn it on/off.
- Remove the mouthpiece and add your dry herbs into the heating chamber. If you want less combustion you can place a glass filter screen on top of the coil before adding your dry herbs into the chamber.
- After you add your dry herbs, put the mouthpiece back on. Press and hold down the power button. After 2 seconds, you may begin inhaling your vape pen. If you're using glass filter screens, you might want to wait a little longer before inhaling your vape pen.
How to clean a Dry Herb Vaporizer?
- Empty out all the dry herbs from your vaporizer or vape pen.
- Use a cleaning brush to wipe off all the residual dry herb material.
- You can use a Q-TIP dipped in isopropyl alcohol and clean the heating chamber.
- Make sure your heating chamber is fully dry before using.
- If you want to clean your mouthpiece, make sure to remove the metal filter screen and brush off all the residual dry herbs. You can use alcohol to clean it too. You can always just replace the metal filter screen if there is too much residue stuck to the screen.
Which Vape Pen with combustion would you recommend?
For those who are looking for a vape pen that functions like a portable pipe (meaning there's combustion), we have a couple suggestions. First, the Yocan 94F dry herb atomizer has a very large heating chamber and you can get powerful hits with it. If you want something smaller, you can use the AGO G5 or Atmos Jr vape pen. What's good about these types of vapes is that you can put a glass screen on top of the coil to prevent immediate combustion. So basically if you want to have some vapor, use a glass screen in the heating chamber. If you want your dry herbs to taste as if you're smoking a glass pipe, then just place your dry herbs in the heating chamber without a glass screen.
Choosing the Best Convection Vaporizer?
The E-Clipse is the best dry herb vaporizer sold in our store. It's super small, discreet, and can be taken anywhere with you. It heats up in 30 seconds, which is considered very fast amongst Conduction Vaporizer Devices. It's easy to use and we only hear positive feedback from our customers.
What is the Best Conduction Vaporizer?
We have many kinds of conduction vaporizer pens. It really depends on the size, chamber capacity, battery length, and heat time. For products such as the Apex or Apex 2.0, it takes around 45-60 seconds to reach the desired temperature. If you use a product such as the Stoner Joe or Yocan iShred, it takes 30 seconds for the vape to reach it's desired temperature. Make sure you read the features and specifications section so you can compare and contrast between the different portable dry herb vaporizers.
How to Travel with a Portable Dry Herb Vaporizer?
- Before you leave home for your next vacation, make sure you've fully cleaned your dry herb vaporizer.
- Make sure to pack your vape pen in your carry on luggage. If you put it in your checked luggage, you'll run the risk of having it confiscated by security.
- If you're bringing your Atmos Vaporizer or Yocan 94F, you might want to replace your used vape coils with new ones. Then there will be less of a smell in your carry-on bag.
- When your vacation is over, we suggest leaving your used dry herb coil behind and using a new one when you get back.
Which is the best dry herb vaporizer?
We have a wide variety of dry herb vaporizer pens available in our store mainly because people have so many different vaping preferences. One of our newest and most unique dry herb vapes is the Yocan iShred. It has a herb grinder attached to the bottom, as well as a stirring tool attached to the mouthpiece to make it easier to vape all your dry herbs efficiently. If you don't care about that kind of functionality, go with the E-Clipse Vaporizer. It heats up very fast and has extremely long battery life, explaining why it's more expensive. If you want a cheaper alternative, but still has a fast heating time, go with Stoner Joe's Vaporizer. It's small and portable too. Lastly, if you're looking for true vaporization, but don't care about digital temperature control, we suggest ordering the Apex Vaporizer.
Which vape parts make up a dry herb vaporizer?
- Mouthpiece - Usually comes with built in filter screens
- Heating Chamber - Some vaporizers have a stainless steel chamber and others may have a ceramic heating chamber.
- Battery - Depending on the size and functionality, the battery can be very small (650mah) or a bit larger (2200mah).