Features and Specifications
- Fits almost all titanium and ceramic domeless nails.
- Sharp edge on the opposite side of the cap is great for scooping up shatter or wax.
- Perfect to use if you're trying to be economical with your dab hits.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Use a Ceramic Carb Cap?
A carb cap is an important dab tool when using domeless nails. To use a carb cap, follow these instructions below:
- First, you need to scoop out some shatter or wax with the tip of your carb cap.
- To take a low temp dab hit, you need to heat your ceramic nail for 10-15 seconds. For high-temperature dab hits, you'll need to heat your ceramic nail for around 20 seconds or until the nail begins to have a red glow.
- Then let the nail cool for 15-20 seconds. Some of the advanced dabbers prefer to have a timer with them so that they can figure out the best time to let it cool and get the cleanest possible hit.
- Using the tip of the carb cap, start to gently touch the scoop of wax to the ceramic dish and while doing that, inhale slowly and smoothly.
- When there is no more wax on the tip of your carb cap, put the cap on top of your domeless nail and keep inhaling until the chamber is clear.
- After you've cleared the chamber, you can exhale. You can continue to take dab hits until you've had enough.
When placing a carb cap on top of the domeless nail, it essentially turns the heating element into a convection oven. As the carb cap restricts airflow, the domeless nail will retain heat for a longer period of time. As you continue to learn and understand the temperatures and adjust to the waiting periods, the extra heat retention will enable you to maintain an ideal dabbing temperature that's long enough to taste all of the terpenes within your shatter or wax.
What is a Carb Cap?
- Carb Caps have a small hole to restrict airflow to your nail and increase flavor. If you dab without a carb cap, you’ll be constantly pulling cold air into the chamber of your nail. Consequently, your heating element will cool down the concentrates and not allow you to get the optimal taste. Dabbing without a carb cap also forces you to take higher temperature dabs, destroying the terpenes in the concentrates. Terpenes are what gives wax concentrates flavor. Most people who are new to dabbing don't think they need a carb cap, which is entirely false. If you want to breathe in better flavors and less chemicals, make sure you get a carb cap.
How do I clean a carb cap?
- Carb Caps are easy to clean. Use a torch to light the inside of the cap and then just wipe it with a paper towel. Some people use rubbing alcohol on a Q-TIP or a rag and wipe away the residual shatter or wax. Try to clean your carb cap regularly so that you don't develop too much buildup.
What's the difference between a Titanium Carb Cap and a Ceramic Carb Cap?
- Similar to the differences with domeless nail types, a titanium carb cap is indestructible and versatile. You can unscrew the shaft and replace it with a compatible dab tool if you want to have a different dab tool. However, after using it over a long period of time, the titanium carb cap can oxidize, which affects the productivity of the cap. For those who sometimes drop their carb cap or are a bit clumsy, we suggest going with the Titanium carb cap over the ceramic one.
- Ceramic Carb caps are great to use if you're looking for a more pure taste when dabbing. It is fragile and can break, but if you have no problems with holding it and take proper care, ceramic is the material to get. It's not as versatile as the titanium nail, but that shouldn't be a deal breaker. Whichever type of carb cap you choose, you'll be happy with it.